From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Abut smb:// aware tools
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 15:46:02
1 On 10/03/2009 08:27 AM, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > ...
4 > It takes only creating shares to offer thru samba, for cygwin bash to
5 > be able to navigate them with cd //host/share. No mounting, or if
6 > there is, I didn't have to specifically configure it.
7 >
8 > Smb is native to windows... so maybe that is the reason.
9
10 Right. Windows does indeed mount filesystems but does it without
11 asking you, much like linux mounts /root without asking.
12
13 So, I'm thinking you might be very interested in trying Paul's
14 suggested 'mc', which has its own built-in command line of sorts,
15 although it's not actually a full bash prompt IIUC.
16
17 Depend on what you need to do while visiting a share, it might
18 be perfect for your purpose. (See Paul's reply.)