From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HELP! partition table is corrupted
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 18:27:51
1 On Sonntag, 23. März 2008, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 12:01 +0100, pat wrote:
3 > > Hello,
4 > >
5 > > My brother has a second disk where was two partitions formated as NTFS
6 > > (the big one) and FAT32 (small one), but something brakes the partition
7 > > table and now there are two linux partition tables +/- the size of the
8 > > previous logical drives.
9 > >
10 > > Which SW should I use to recover the original partition table? I think
11 > > about gpart, but does it has a GUI? I'm not guru at this :-\
12 > >
13 > > I know the next version is to format whole drive, but there are photos of
14 > > his daughter and not backup ... .
15 > >
16 > > Thanks a lot for all suggestions !!!
17 > >
18 > > Pat
19 >
20 > Try testdisk. It's ncurses-based and easy to use. It saved my sorry arse
21 > twice.
22
23 ++
24 mine once.
25
26 testdisk is a very good tool.
27
28 try systemrescuecd
29 http://www.sysresccd.org
30
31 which has testdisk in an even newer version than gentoo.
32 --
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list