From: Alecks Gates <alecks.g@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux viruses
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 18:49:04
1 On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Jul 8, 2013 1:05 AM, "Bruce Hill" <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 >>
6 >> On Sun, Jul 07, 2013 at 12:07:51PM -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
7 >> > On 2013-07-06 8:12 AM, Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
8 >> > wrote:
9 >> > > NB: I only sell the best A/V software on the market, which hasn't
10 >> > > missed a virus in the wild since it's inception.
11 >> >
12 >> > Not to start a flamewar on which is the best AV, but I'm curious which
13 >> > one this is?
14 >>
15 >> http://www.eset.com/us/home/whyeset/compare/
16 >
17 > Oh. My. Goodness! ESET! I *love* that piece of gold :-)
18 >
19 > In fact, I'm still having the glow from the satisfaction of successfully
20 > convincing the management to replace the previous p.o.s. that goes by the
21 > name of "SEP", with this wonderful antivirus.
22 >
23 > The first week, ESET unearthed more than 1'000 threats (throughout the
24 > company) that SEP had turned a blind eye to. It's really a mystery how SEP
25 > ever got crowned with any "Good" attributes.
26 >
27 > Granted, the "Business" version has much more options than one can shake a
28 > stick at, but for control-happy BOFHs, ESET is a godsend, a breath of fresh
29 > air compared to the CPU-guzzling ineffective p.o.s. called SEP.
30 >
31 > (sorry for the tangential offtopicness, I'm just so very glad to see a
32 > fellow ESET-believer ;-) ).
33 >
34 > Rgds,
35 > --
36
37 I love it as well, I even used their Linux-gateway scanner to scan
38 network traffic. I know there are other free ways to do that, but
39 ESET had impressed me enough by then.
42 Alecks Gates