From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KMail
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 08:20:23
1 On Saturday 11 Feb 2012 07:47:41 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > Am Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012, 18:33:12 schrieb Daniel D Jones:
3 > > I was one of those bitten by the upgrade to KMail back in October. After
4 > > spending nearly two days without access to email while trying to get the
5 > > upgrade and migration to work, I gave up and pinned KMail to version
6 > > 4.4.11.1.
7 > >
8 > > With the recent upgrade to KDE, I'm curious if anyone knows whether the
9 > > bugs have been worked out and the KMail upgrade will go smoother now?
10 >
11 > I switched a long time ago, so I can't say anything about 'smoother' but it
12 > does work, as long as you remove all mail ressources and add them back one
13 > after another.
14
15 Unfortunately, it does not work here on my test x86 stable box. I have
16 removed and added each resource more than a dozen times. POP3 seems to
17 broadly work (but it creates duplicate messages which once deleted are
18 recreated) and IMAP4 does not show any messages in the Inbox. The
19 kaddressbook does not show the addresses.
20
21 I've tried deleting akonadi databases, adding the resources or importing them
22 and starting again many, many times to come to the conclusion that in my set
23 up it just won't work. I hope that code progress eventually restores
24 functionality which I consider absolutely basic - i.e. to be able to read my
25 messages and use my addresses.
26
27 Having wasted far too much time for no positive result I'm now in hope that
28 trinity desktop will come up with a solution that I was sorry to see left
29 behind - KDE 3.5.
30 --
31 Regards,
32 Mick