From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: 'Best' Desktop Environment
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 21:47:43
1 On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 00:17:46 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > > My attitude towards KDE and GNOME is "the pox on both their
4 > > houses"; I don't run desktops, I run applications.
5 >
6 > It's just that most people prefer a unified look and feel, rather than
7 > each application inventing the same things in a different and
8 > incompatible way. This is why DEs are so popular.
9
10 There's more to a DE than that. On as multitasking system, applications
11 are not run in isolation. A integrated system allows applications to
12 work together rather than just running at the same time.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 This tagline is baroque; please call Bach.