From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: 'Best' Desktop Environment
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 21:20:22
1 On 17/06/12 22:36, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 11:52:48AM -0500, Canek Pel??ez Vald??s wrote
3 >
4 >> In my humble opinion, you should use whatever you actually like. You
5 >> don't like GNOME? Then don't use it; and if you used it before and
6 >> don't like the new version, either get involver to get it "fixed" (for
7 >> whatever defintion of "fixed" you want), fork it (although maybe you
8 >> should first try Unity, MATE, or Cinnamon before), or go to another
9 >> desktop.
10 >
11 > My attitude towards KDE and GNOME is "the pox on both their houses"; I
12 > don't run desktops, I run applications.
13
14 It's just that most people prefer a unified look and feel, rather than
15 each application inventing the same things in a different and
16 incompatible way. This is why DEs are so popular.