From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: 'Best' Desktop Environment
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 19:38:57
1 On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 11:52:48AM -0500, Canek Pel??ez Vald??s wrote
2
3 > In my humble opinion, you should use whatever you actually like. You
4 > don't like GNOME? Then don't use it; and if you used it before and
5 > don't like the new version, either get involver to get it "fixed" (for
6 > whatever defintion of "fixed" you want), fork it (although maybe you
7 > should first try Unity, MATE, or Cinnamon before), or go to another
8 > desktop.
9
10 My attitude towards KDE and GNOME is "the pox on both their houses"; I
11 don't run desktops, I run applications. I use ICEWM with my most-used
12 apps in the launch menu and launchbar. "Desktop" users moving to LXDE
13 or XFCE is perfectly understandable.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>