From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] crossdev avr compile failing on crtm328p.o
Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 02:49:14
1 On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 16:11 +0100, Mick wrote:
2 > On Saturday 07 May 2011 13:34:04 William Kenworthy wrote:
3 > > I have been using crossdev for the avr toolchain (arduino) successfully
4 > > for a month - but after an upgrade (large number of packages) I am
5 > > getting this:
6 > >
7 > > /usr/libexec/gcc/avr/ld: crtm328p.o: No such file: No such file or
8 > > directory
9 > >
10 > > Ive rebuilt/uninstalled/reinstalled the avr toolchain with no success.
11 > > Can someone suggest where to look next?
12 > >
13 > > The file crtm328p.o does exist in /usr/avr/lib/avr5 along with the other
14 > > arch specific libs.
15 > >
16 > > I am compiling from within the arduino java gui (from svn).
17 >
18 > There was a recent update on python (so you'll need to eselect 2.7 and also
19 > run python-updater) and I seem to recall a perl update too (in which case
20 > you'll need to run perl-cleaner). Don't forget revdep-rebuild of course.
23 I have the python update masked as I want to fix this first. I did the
24 perl/perl-cleaner dance before this problem became apparent. I did
25 upgrade the linux-headers to 2.6.38 but that broke so much of the system
26 I downgraded and recompiled everything that I found. I am also now
27 unsure about dbus as firefox segfaults with no messages (or anything
28 obvious in strace while evolution complained about dbus until I
29 recompiled it.
30
31 Its at the stage I may just do the python update, fix, depclean and then
32 emerge -ep world - its been a few years for this system :)
33
34 BillK
38 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
39 Home in Perth!