From: brettholcomb@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] evms
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:26:39
1 I used the info on the EVMS site and there is a wiki entry which helped quite a bit. I'm not at home so I don't have the wiki entry but I found it via a search on evms + Gentoo.
2
3 I like EVMS as it makes managing the disks much easier than trying to all of them separately.
6 > From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
7 > Date: 2006/04/17 Mon AM 10:14:13 EDT
8 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
9 > Subject: [gentoo-user] evms
10 >
11 > Trying to set up a new server using evms, but the howto on the gentoo
12 > site seems very old and incomplete. is there a better/more complete
13 > one? basically, i've got 3 hot-swappable scsi drives, but no raid
14 > controller.. I want to end up with lvm logical volumes on top of a
15 > software raid-5. but getting there with evms is presenting me some
16 > issues. FYI, i've been an aix system adminstrator for over 10 years,
17 > so i'm very familiar with lvm concepts and applications..just trying
18 > to translate that process into evms terms.
19 >
20 > Thanks.
21 >
22 > --