From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] correct way for unmasking several packages
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:37:48
1 On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:00:35 +0200, Arttu V. wrote:
2
3 > > Let me explain, I want to unmask xorg-server, and every time I try to
4 > > update, it complains about one package, I unmask it, then it complains
5 > > about other, and so on...
6 > >
7 > > so, is there a good/correct way for doing so?
8 >
9 > You might want to try and emerge autounmask:
10 >
11 > http://www.iml.ece.mcgill.ca/~stephan/autounmask
12 >
13 > It's not necessarily the "right" way, and I don't use it, but
14 > apparently some (many?) do.
15
16 It's a right way. It works better if /etc/portage.unmask is a directory,
17 as it then creates a separate file for each set of packages you unmask,
18 with a descriptive name. This simplifies managing or removing the
19 unmasking.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Got kleptomania? Be sure to take something for it.