From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd: incorrect behavior when doing poweroff/reboot
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 09:26:26
1 On 22/03/2015 03:32, Hans wrote:
2 > On 22/03/15 08:44, walt wrote:
3 >> I'd be 100% sure this is a systemd bug except that the problem is so
4 >> obvious and (I think) so common that I can't believe I'm the only
5 >> systemd user seeing it:
6 >>
7 >> I routinely share /usr/portage over NFS between several gentoo boxes
8 >> on my wireless network. When I poweroff or reboot the NFS client
9 >> machines, systemd tears down the wireless connection *before* it
10 >> unmounts the /usr/portage share, and so the umount command hangs and
11 >> the machine won't shut down.
12 >>
13 >> I'd think people that hang out in this list must do the same thing,
14 >> surely? No one else here running into this silly problem?
18 > Had the same and various other problem. Resolved it by giving systemd
19 > the boot. No more problems with after I changed to openrc.
22 Surely that's a simple matter of adjusting the shutdown order in the
23 unit files for those packages?
24
25 Open a bug and the package maintainer will correct it.
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com