From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Somewhat OT] Laptop battery not showing up in KDE, Smart Battery calibration
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 06:04:08
1 On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 1:11 PM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Thursday 11 November 2010 18:07:35 Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:05 PM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
4 >> > If the soldering isn't done correctly, the battery-pack can literally
5 >> > explode when put under load.
6 >>
7 >> Yeah, I don't think the savings would be big enough to justify the risk.
8 >>
9 >> I found a replacement battery online for less than USD$30 so I ordered
10 >> it. Hopefully it fits and holds a charge. :)
11 >
12 > Good luck :)
13 > If laptops would work with the same LIPO-packs that are used for Remote
14 > Control planes, then it would be cheaper and easier as the chargers used for
15 > those are better then the stuff they stick in laptops.
16 >
17 > But that's wishfull thinking
18
19 The replacement battery is good, it fits perfectly and holds over 90%
20 of maximum rated charge.
21
22 I booted from Sabayon KDE LiveCD and the battery meter works fine in
23 there, so there must be something wrong in my config. I will dig
24 deeper to try to identify the differences.
25
26 Thanks for all suggestions. :)