From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Somewhat OT] Laptop battery not showing up in KDE, Smart Battery calibration
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 19:12:39
1 On Thursday 11 November 2010 18:07:35 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:05 PM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > If the soldering isn't done correctly, the battery-pack can literally
4 > > explode when put under load.
5 >
6 > Yeah, I don't think the savings would be big enough to justify the risk.
7 >
8 > I found a replacement battery online for less than USD$30 so I ordered
9 > it. Hopefully it fits and holds a charge. :)
10
11 Good luck :)
12 If laptops would work with the same LIPO-packs that are used for Remote
13 Control planes, then it would be cheaper and easier as the chargers used for
14 those are better then the stuff they stick in laptops.
15
16 But that's wishfull thinking
19 Joost