From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT rant] udev + /usr
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:14:44
1 On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:02:39 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 > > you don't set it up. It just works. If your sound card does not do
4 > > hardware mixing (onboard sound doesn't) you are using dmix.
5 >
6 > Ah. As I said, I hadn't poked or researched dmix since I read about it
7 > in LinuxJournal. Pretty sure that particular issue came out over ten
8 > years ago.
9
10 Ten years ago, you did have to set up software mixing in ALSA manually.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 What did the first man to discover you can get milk from cows think he
17 was doing? - anon.