From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where be the hardened Stage3?
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 20:04:33
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 19:01 on Friday 03 June 2011, Pandu Poluan did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > -original message-
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where be the hardened Stage3?
6 > From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
7 > Date: 2011-06-03 23:05
8 >
9 > >On 06/03/11 09:28, Pandu Poluan wrote:
10 > >> Anyone knows why current-stage3/ no longer has the hardened stage3
11 > >> tarballs?
12 > >
13 > >Try this for now?
14 > >
15 > > http://gentoo.osuosl.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/
16 >
17 > Thanks, found that when I spelunked into the deep underbelly of the
18 > intarwebz :)
19 >
20 > The question still remains, though: Why not in current-stage3/ ? Any
21 > serious technical issues that'll kill my puppies?
22 >
23 > (Lest I be misunderstood: if it's the council's decision, I'm not for nor
24 > against the decision. Just curious, is all.)
25
26 The few times I've seen this discussed in public it's usually been something
27 mundane like "package X in system won't build for hardened so we omitted that
28 stage till it's fixed" or "we ran out of time"
29
30 The next stage run usually has them again, so highly unlikely to be anything
31 to be worried about. You can still use the previous version which is about one
32 week older.
36 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com