From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kwin-4.1 sometimes leaves konsole undecorated
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:38:58
1 Alan McKinnon ha scritto:
2 > On Friday 15 August 2008 10:26:39 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 >> On Freitag, 15. August 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 >>> Hi all,
5 >>>
6 >>> Maybe someone here has seen this before:
7 >>>
8 >>> amd64
9 >>> 2.6.26-gentoo
10 >>> KDE-4.1
11 >>> nVidia 8600M GT
12 >>> nvidia-drivers-177.13 (latest unstable)
13 >>> nvidia OpenGL
14 >>> xorg-server-1.4.99.906
15 >> any reason why you use an unreleased X? There are no new features or
16 >> improvements. And KDE works fine with 1.4 release.
17 >
18 > Obviously you are not one of the unfortunate misfits who was stupid enough to
19 > buy a new notebook with a nVidia 8 or 9 series card :-)
22 This is the second thread in a few days that reports problems with
23 nVidia cards.
24
25 Owning a 3rd generation Macbook Pro (nVidia Geforce 8600M GT) with
26 Gentoo on, I'm a bit worried. I never noticed significant problems on
27 that machine, but I would like to be aware of what's going on.
28
29 Is there some link explaining what problems there are with such nVidia
30 cards?
31
32 m.