From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB mobile phone connection..
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:08:03
1 On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 06:40:11 -0500, James Hiscock wrote:
2
3 > That's what was happening for me for several hours until it magically
4 > started working... I honestly don't know what the heck changed. But
5 > once it decided to work, it works consistently.
6
7 The only thing more annoying than that happening to you, it when it
8 happens for someone else and doesn't work at all for you :(
9
10 > There's a note in the moto4lin wiki specifically for Razr phones
11 > (http://moto4lin.sourceforge.net/wiki/Razr_V3) that says that it's
12 > inconsistent, and you may need to run
13 >
14 > echo AT+MODE=8 > /dev/ttyACM0
15 >
16 > When I was doing that last night on my laptop, the first time would
17 > work, and the second time it removed the device...
18
19 I tried that, but it removed the device every time. I also tried running
20 kmobiletools as it said in the wiki. kmobiletools works fine, but makes
21 no difference to moto4lin.
22
23 I'll try to get some more information on this problem and post it on the
24 moto4lin site.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 Why isn't phonetically spelled that way?