From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is GWN dead?
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:51:23
1 On Friday 11 January 2008, Galevsky wrote:
2 > Sorry if I were rude with you Alan, it was not my intentions, plus I
3 > mixed up you question with the affirmation "no need to update".
4
5 No problem.
6
7 Part of the fun of gentoo is you get to figure out how it works and you
8 get to hack it yourself.
9
10 Kinda like driving an old Ferrari :-)
11 I honestly believe that gentoo is not built for the mass market, so
12 their needs do not apply. The real needs do apply though.
13
14 An installer that always works and is always current is not an
15 appropriate high-priority need for gentoo.
18 Alan McKinnon
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
20 --
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list