From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Subdirectories on NFS server missing 'executable' permission
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 18:22:38
1 On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 18:46:30 +0100
2 Ralph Seichter <gentoo-user@××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > On 27.01.13 17:23, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 >
6 > > You config certainly looks right to me, and I don't know of any
7 > > config that makes it work differently.
8 >
9 > I suspected as much. The trouble is that the Pingulux is unable to
10 > write data to the directories it creates. Thus, your idea of using
11 > chmod from a cron job won't help. I can only assume that the shell's
12 > umask 0022 is not being used by the process which records video data.
13 > Bummer.
14
15 so essentially you have an nfs client that by design can't do nfs?
16
17 assuming that the gadget creates a directory in which to store the
18 video it's about to record that is.
19
20 What does the vendor say about this?
23 Alan McKinnon