From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nepomuk 4.4 is emerged with kde 4.3
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 02:03:26
1 On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Thursday 04 March 2010 02:27:40 Xi Shen wrote:
3 >> hi,
4 >>
5 >> my system is gentoo amd64, kde 4.3. and i found nepomuk, along with
6 >> some other packages, are using 4.4 version. is it correct?
7 >
8 > No.
9 >
10 > Nepomuk is slotted like KDE. I suspect you are running a stable system and
11 > have added nepomuk to packages.keywords and it is now pulling in latest
12 > ~arch nepomuk
15 oh, i guess it all my fault. i tried to emerge kde 4.4 once, but
16 failed. i did not have time to resolve the error. so i rolled back to
17 kde 4.3, and did a simple emerge -uvND world. i think this did not
18 help me roll back the packages that were updated when i was trying to
19 emerge kde 4.4.
20
21 how should i roll back those miss updated packages back to 4.3? or can
22 someone tell me if kde 4.4 is pretty stable to use for desktop?
26 Best Regards,
27 David Shen
28
29 http://twitter.com/davidshen84/