From: Jeff Cranmer <jeff@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems starting KDE
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 16:14:21
2 > > Jeff
3 >
4 > $ qfile libQtGui.so.4.7.4
5 > x11-libs/qt-gui (/usr/lib64/qt4/libQtGui.so.4.7.4)
6 >
7 > Look at the date time that you built x11-libs/qt-gui (in your emerge.log, or
8 > use genlop) and compare with said file.
9
10 The files match, last compiled in the morning, two days ago, which is
11 before I tried my most recent changes.
12
13 Success - Recompilation of this file gets me a k desktop.
14
15 Is there a good way to force-recompile an entire system's code? emerge
16 -Dav system and emerge -Dav world don't seem to go down far enough in
17 the hierarchy to recompile all dependencies.
18
19 Many thanks.
20
21 Jeff