From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booting Gentoo from USB stick
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 23:08:27
1 > As I'm in an office, there is no concrete nearby for anything to be in.
2
3 Lol. Well, there are some other meanings in the latin word concretus.
4 The didn't even have that bleak modern material. We have a different
5 name for it in german and use concretus more in the original sense.
8 > If you're asking what, specifically, I mean by "it starts", my previous
9 > posts show how far into the boot process it gets.  If I specify by
10 > /dev/sda1, eventually it gets to checking that partition for errors, but
11 > fails to find the partition.  If I specify by LABEL, then it tells me it
12
13 I am still asking myself, if it is the USB stick at all that you see
14 starting. Couldn't it be a kernel from the inbuild hard disk? ... wich
15 you would *hear* in that case ... maybe even smell or feel ...
16
17 Hence I ask you if there linux kernel on the first or second partition
18 of your disk.
19
20 Al