From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: Gentoo User list <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-python/isodate breaks my emerge because it's at EAPI?
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 12:01:37
1 On 8/3/21 5:54 PM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, 3 August 2021 15:51:15 BST Arve Barsnes wrote:
3 >> On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 15:58, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >>> I don't see them when syncing from a cron script, when all output is
5 >>> captured and emailed, but do when running sync on a shell. It seems you
6 >>> only see this when running sync interactively.
7 >> I see these messages in the output from my cron "script". I use
8 >> "/usr/sbin/emaint sync -a", and it regularly shows the message about
9 >> new portage versions.
10 >>
11 >> The message might not be generated by the sync itself, but from the
12 >> postsync 'eix-update' which would maybe show messages like this.
13 > I sync daily via git, ...
16 Then you probably build a lot more than I do.
17
18 I synced, like yesterday or the day before, and then, on a second
19 machine, I synced today, in order to update from the first machine,
20 using a binary update, and, in fact, I was able to get thunderbird, but
21 llvm AND clang, both huge builds, had to be rebuilt!  Oh man.  Bad
22 luck?  No, life with gentoo.
25 (sorry, Peter, for the direct email, apparently a mis-click)
30 > ... and every time a new version of portage is included I
31 > see a prominent warning to update it before anything else. Portage has
32 > done
33 > this for many years, apart from a few months a year or two ago.