From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-python/isodate breaks my emerge because it's at EAPI?
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 15:54:27
1 On Tuesday, 3 August 2021 15:51:15 BST Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 at 15:58, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > I don't see them when syncing from a cron script, when all output is
4 > > captured and emailed, but do when running sync on a shell. It seems you
5 > > only see this when running sync interactively.
6 >
7 > I see these messages in the output from my cron "script". I use
8 > "/usr/sbin/emaint sync -a", and it regularly shows the message about
9 > new portage versions.
10 >
11 > The message might not be generated by the sync itself, but from the
12 > postsync 'eix-update' which would maybe show messages like this.
13
14 I sync daily via git, and every time a new version of portage is included I
15 see a prominent warning to update it before anything else. Portage has done
16 this for many years, apart from a few months a year or two ago.
19 Regards,
20 Peter.