From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [NOT SOLVED] Re: [gentoo-user] Sound not sounding
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 17:02:21
1 On Saturday, 26 March 2022 15:14:11 GMT ny6p01 wrote:
2 > Just a shot in the dark, but is alsasound service starting correctly?
3
4 It doesn't run at all, not even while I'm listening after restarting PA. I
5 have alsa-lib, alsa-topology-conf, alsa-ucm-conf and alsa-plugins installed,
6 but 'ps -ax | grep alsa' finds nothing. Also, I have no alsasound service.
7
8 I assume that PA doesn't need a running alsa process to function.
11 Regards,
12 Peter.