From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Memory leak
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 21:32:42
1 On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 05:58:16PM +0200, Matti Nykyri wrote:
2 > > On Feb 22, 2015, at 12:53, Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
3 > >
4 > >> I can't remember nor figure out how to set kdm keymap to azerty.
5 > >
6 > > I set mine in an xorg config file to get qwertz not only in KDM but all of X by
7 > > default:
8 > >
9 > > cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/input.conf
10 > > Section "InputDevice"
11 > > Identifier "Keyboard0"
12 > > Driver "kbd"
13 > > Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
14 > > Option "XkbModel" "pc102"
15 > > Option "XkbLayout" "de"
16 > > Option "XkbVariant" "deadkeys"
17 > > EndSection
18 >
19 > The right place for this in a modern X11 is evdev (event device). The
20 > other input devices are deprecated in favor of evdev. […]
21
22 You’re right and I actually have both in input.conf – an evdev section and
23 the input section shown above. When I find the time, I shall clean that up.
24 Plus I think it already has precedence, as I sometimes use the three-finger-
25 salute to revive a hanging system (usually OOM situations).
26
27 Section "InputClass"
28 Identifier "evdev keyboard catchall"
29 MatchIsKeyboard "on"
30 MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
31 Driver "evdev"
32
33 Option "XkbLayout" "de,us"
34 # Option "XkbVariant" "deadgraveacute"
35 Option "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
36 EndSection
39 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
40 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
41
42 Hangman is a breathtaking profession.