From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Memory leak
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 15:58:40
1 > On Feb 22, 2015, at 12:53, Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 >> On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 11:05:59AM +0100, Alain Didierjean wrote:
4 >> My so called memory, located somewhere in what's left of my old brain.
5 >>
6 >> I can't remember nor figure out how to set kdm keymap to azerty.
7 >> Help welcome,
8 >
9 > I set mine in an xorg config file to get qwertz not only in KDM but all of X by
10 > default:
11 >
12 > cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/input.conf
13 > Section "InputDevice"
14 > Identifier "Keyboard0"
15 > Driver "kbd"
16 > Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
17 > Option "XkbModel" "pc102"
18 > Option "XkbLayout" "de"
19 > Option "XkbVariant" "deadkeys"
20 > EndSection
21
22 The right place for this in a modern X11 is evdev (event device). The other input devices are deprecated in favor of evdev. There is an old news item with regard to this in the portage. You might find it from some archive.
23
24 Any how the X11 is the right place to set the keymap. Then it is set system wise and affects all display-managers you might have.
27 -Matti