From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Convincing portage...
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 04:23:59
1 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I treid the jack-audio-connection as supported by portage and had no
5 > success at all with my hardware. I didn't find the reason, why it
6 > alwasys killed itself after a short time.
7 >
8 > With JACK 1.9.8 (jack2) installed from source it works.
9 >
10 > I had to emerge -C jack-audio-connection for that.
11 >
12 > Now emerge/portage thinks, that jack-audio-connection-kit is missing
13 > of course...
14 >
15 > I dont want to use layman or similiar.
16 >
17 > How can I convince portage in a "legal way" that this dependency is
18 > satisfied?
19 >
20 > Thank you very much for any help in advance!
21 >
22 > Best regards,
23 > mcc
31 You are looking for package provided settings. Try here:
32
33 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=5
34
35 All the way down to the bottom. Then here:
36
37 http://dev.gentoo.org/~zmedico/portage/doc/man/portage.5.html
38
39 It is about 1/4 of the way down on that page. Use the search function
40 and search for provided.
41
42 Hope that helps. I never have used it but have read about it.
43
44 Dale
45
49 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
50 how you interpreted my words!
51
52 Miss the compile output? Hint:
53 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"