From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Clusters on Gentoo ?
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 02:36:45
1 > Which operating systems does you Hadoop systems run on top of?
2
3 We use RedHat, although we make a fair amount of custom RPMs. It's just
4 too much having to deal with Gentoo while maintaining high performance
5 filesystems and schedulers, which are apparently a real pain.
6
7 > Whilst research, I ran across a FAT PAYCHECK at a startup for Hadoop
8 expertise (California) : "Extremely competitive pay: 150-175K base
9 salary, large bonus plan, and a generous equity stake"
10
11 Lolz, a few of the full time staff regularly get headhunted for similar
12 positions. I'm still a student and would like to finish the degree,
13 though, so no high paying jobs for me yet.
14
15 Alec