From: Jeff Cranmer <jcranmer01@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] realtek 8197 wireless card setup
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 04:16:20
1 Can anyone point me to a resource for configuration of a realtek 8197 wireless
2 card on a Toshiba laptop?
3
4 I am running the 2.6.22-suspend2-r2 kernel, and have installed ndiswrapper.
5 Unfortunately, when I try to install ieee80211, I get an error because
6 CONFIG_NET_RADIO is not configured in the kernel. Unfortunately,
7 CONFIG_NET_RADIO does not exist in this kernel, and hence I'm presently a
8 little stuck.
9
10 When I type lsusb, I get
11 Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0bda:8197 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
12
13 I'd like to connect up to my Belkin Router using WPA/PSK if possible.
14
15 Thanks in advance
16
17 Jeff