From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: RUBY_TARGETS and "eselect ruby"
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 21:00:39
1 On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 09:32:03 +0000, Svoop wrote:
2
3 > Hans de Graaff <graaff <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 >> Because we haven't gotten around to that yet. Also note that only a few
5 >> packages currently have ruby21 support, so eselecting it right now is
6 >> not very useful yet.
7 >> We should be updating the ruby eselect module in the next week or so.
8 >
9 > Any news on this?
10 >
11 > Like Pavel the only related packages are rubygems, rake and friends
12 > since it's a pretty minimalistic box serving a Rails app which we are
13 > lifting to Ruby 2.1 next week.
14 >
15 > Support for ruby21 in eselect would be great, thanks a bunch!
16
17 eselect-ruby-20131227 has support for eselecting ruby21. It has been
18 around since Jan 4th. Progress on ruby21 marking of packages has been
19 slow but steady.
20
21 Hans