From: Andreas Fink <finkandreas@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox automatic update???
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 08:51:38
1 Hmm, interesting that it shows not the full path on one machine. This
2 should always show you the full path:
3 for p in `pgrep firefox` ; do ls -lh /proc/${p}/exe ; done
4
5 You could also check with the following command what will be executed:
6 which firefox
7 Use `which -a firefox` to see all possible binaries that could be found
8 in $PATH.
9 The default is that /usr/bin/firefox is a bash script that would start
10 the real firefox binary at some point.
11
12 To list all packages that are installed matching firefox you could use
13 qlist -Iv firefox
14 qlist is part of the app-portage/portage-utils package.
15
16 Maybe that will help to see what is actually running on your system and
17 where it is installed.
21 On Thu, 12 Nov 2020