From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox automatic update???
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 08:23:53
1 Ah, that is a good point ... assuming there's not an suid-updater
2 squirreled away somewhere.  I'm pretty sure that I've run firefox (lots)
3 since last rebuilding it on the machine in question.
4
5 Your test is good, but yields new questions:
6
7 - machine 1:
8
9 $ pgrep -a firefox
10 *2829 /usr/lib64/firefox/firefox --name firefox -P default*
11
12 $ pgrep -V
13 pgrep from procps-ng 3.3.16
14
15 - machine 2 (with automatic update):
16
17 $ pgrep -a firefox
18 *6355 firefox*
19
20 $ pgrep -V
21 pgrep from procps-ng 3.3.16
22
23 In both cases, I start by just invoking "firefox" (no aliases)