From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] USB hard drive puzzle
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 11:55:04
1 On 06/07/2012 05:09 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 15:53:53 -0700, walt wrote:
3 >
4 >> When I power up the outboard hard-disk docking station (plugged into
5 >> the usb3 adapter) the computer never sees the docking station or its
6 >> hard disk until I reboot the computer. Something in the BIOS
7 >> apparently resets some hardware thingy, and then it all works extremely
8 >> well thereafter.
9 >>
10 >> Having to reboot the computer to use a usb docking station kinda
11 >> defeats the whole point of usb. (Or am I just being grumpy? :)
12 >
13 > There's nothing wrong with being grumpy.
14
15 Hm. I'll send you my wife's email address off-list.
16
17 >> Can anyone think of some trick I could use in lieu of rebooting to get
18 >> the adapter/disk combination properly initialized?
19 >
20 > Does unloading and reloading the xhci module help?
21
22 Brilliant :) It does indeed, thanks.