From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] convert rpm to ebuild
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 20:30:01
1 quoth the b.n.:
2 > darren kirby ha scritto:
3 > > Well, you can install RPM...
4 > >
5 > > # emerge -p rpm
6 > >
7 > > You could then, presumably, install the RPM, though I have not ever tried
8 > > this:
9 > > # rpm -i foopackage.i386.rpm
10 >
11 > I fear this way Portage would not be aware of the package being
12 > installed. Am I wrong?
13 >
14 > m.
15
16 I've no idea, but likely not. To tell the truth I was hoping the OP would be
17 brave and find out ;)
18
19 I was thinking he just had a one-off app he needed installed, and combined
20 with some 'package.provided' alchemy he may be able to get the result he
21 needed, however, in his response it seems this is not the case so...
22
23 -d
24 --
25 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
26 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
27 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list