From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there and Alternative to compiling kde?
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 23:12:44
1 On Saturday 10 December 2005 06:55, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > I'll probably need the asbestos drawers here shortly:
3 >
4 > I've burned up several hours here with a grindingly slow compile of
5 > kde. It is an older machine ( a few years) but is a P4 2Ghz and 500MB
6 > ram. Is there an alternative to this? I mean aside from using a
7 > lighter, faster compiling, X setup.
8
9 sure, why are you emerge-ing the full kde?
10
11 1) `emerge kdebase`
12 2) ???
13 3) Profit!
14
15 I'm on a 1.6ghz, and being a dev I compile more packages than most users ever
16 will, have patience my son :P.
17
18 Chris White