From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to configure thochpad sensitivity (using hal)?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 20:52:49
1 On 2010-11-15, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 17:31 on Monday 15 November 2010, Grant
3 > Edwards did opine thusly:
4 >
5 >> On 2010-11-14, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> > Finally, if xorg-server-1.8 is around the corner to be stabilised I
7 >> > suggest that you unmask it and use the xorg.conf file that we all
8 >> > know and love. :-)
9 >>
10 >> Using xorg.conf with 1.7 is simple enough (it's what I do on all my
11 >> other machines). That's why I don't understand why the Gentoo
12 >> developers decided to use HAL by default when it seems to be widely
13 >> acknowledged to be such a disaster.
14 >
15 > The Gentoo devs made no such decision.
16 >
17 > Upstream did.
18 >
19 > Gentoo closely tracks upstream, unless upstream is completely broken.
20 > HAL might be a crock of chit, but it does not render X broken and not
21 > usable.
22
23 Whether Xorg uses HAL or not is controlled by a USE flag isn't it? So
24 upstream choses the defaults for USE flags?
27 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! My BIOLOGICAL ALARM
28 at CLOCK just went off ... It
29 gmail.com has noiseless DOZE FUNCTION
30 and full kitchen!!