From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to configure thochpad sensitivity (using hal)?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:09:02
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 17:31 on Monday 15 November 2010, Grant
2 Edwards did opine thusly:
3
4 > On 2010-11-14, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Finally, if xorg-server-1.8 is around the corner to be stabilised I
6 > > suggest that you unmask it and use the xorg.conf file that we all
7 > > know and love. :-)
8 >
9 > Using xorg.conf with 1.7 is simple enough (it's what I do on all my
10 > other machines). That's why I don't understand why the Gentoo
11 > developers decided to use HAL by default when it seems to be widely
12 > acknowledged to be such a disaster.
13
14 The Gentoo devs made no such decision.
15
16 Upstream did.
17
18 Gentoo closely tracks upstream, unless upstream is completely broken. HAL
19 might be a crock of chit, but it does not render X broken and not usable.
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com