From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Allow non root users to edit files owned by root?
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:48:34
1 On 22 December 2011 15:41, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2011-12-20 11:00 AM, Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> You should probably also restrict which files can be edited (not
5 >> /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow or /etc/sudoers, for sure!). You can do this
6 >> with globs. For example:
7 >> %sudoroot       sudoedit/var/www/*
10 > Ok, just found out that subdirectories are not included when doing it this
11 > way, and haven't found a way to include them...
12 >
13 > Please tell me there is a way, and I won't have to explicitly define every
14 > subdirectory under /var/www that they will need to be able to work in...
15
16 Perhaps I missed it, but my approach to this would be to create a
17 'webadmin' group, and change the group of the directory (and
18 applicable subdirs).