From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CD/DVD burning tools?
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 08:49:31
1 "brullo nulla" <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > The FAQ (I assume you're talking about
4 > http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html ) only contain
5 > basic information on your side, almost without a single reference that
6 > shows me the actual full text of the email exchanges etc. supporting
7 > what you say. The FAQ is not in chronological order and it is even
8 > self-contradicting in chronological details (e.g. it starts with "In
9
10 While the attacks from Debian have all been self contradicting, my text is not.
11 It seems that you did not read it correctly. Please read it again....
12
13 > autumn 2005 and early spring 2006, a group of Debian maintainers
14 > started to attack the cdrtools project. The attacks have been based on
15 > the fact that cdrtools was licensed under the GPL. " then, in the
16
17 The private attacks from Bloch in 2004 have been trolling because of the
18 broken UTF-8 support now also fopund in cdrkit. The attacks
19 from Debian in Autumn 2005 have been GPL based. Is it so hard to read my
20 text?
21
22 > final part of the document, you talk about the UTF story: " In fact,
23 > this happened around y2004 [...] Now these people have been in trouble
24 > and needed an excuse for their behavior." -from this it seems implicit
25 > the problems started in 2004). Only explanation you give for all what
26 > was happening is a commercial-distributions-are-evil conspiracy theory
27 > (which maybe is true, but I am again waiting for evidence -the theory
28 > is quite weak, since forking an essential desktop software seems *much
29 > worse* than rewriting UTF8 support, and they could have inserted their
30 > unofficial patch into their packages even if you refused it upstream,
31 > if they felt their UTF8 patch was important).
32
33 There _is_ an evil conspiracy at least on Suse. Suse told me that they cannot
34 use unmodified original software and they need to modify my software.
35
36 If you compare my original software and the modified version from Suse, you will
37 find that the unmodified original works out of the box on suse while the suse
38 variant does not work at all.
39
40 Jörg
43 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin