From: "Roger J. H. Welsh" <rjhwelsh@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Persistence of ZFS /dev/zvol/rpool/swap
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 06:03:40
1 Hi,
2
3 I followed fearedbliss's guide a couple years back.
4 Here are my 2 cents.
5
6 On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 04:36:35PM -0500 , Pariksheet Nanda wrote:
7
8 > I'm actually surprised my system boots at all, because /etc/fstab looks for
9 > that partition to be the swap:
10 I don't think swap is required for booting.
11
12 > My best guesses at the problem are either that it's udev related or that
13 > the various ZFS services need to be better configured to expose the zvol.
14 > I read the "Admin Documentation" links on the zfsonlinux.org website
15 > looking for mentions on "zvol" and the only relevant section seems to be
16 > the `zpool import` should apply `zfs share -a` to zvols [2]. Maybe I need
17 > to run `zfs share`? But that doesn't seem to help:
18 >
19 It does seem to be a udev issue on your end.
20
21 This is what your udev rule should look like.
22 https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/blob/master/udev/rules.d/60-zvol.rules.in
23
24 Check it exists.
25 # cat /lib/udev/rules.d/60-zvol.rules
26
27 Reload udev rules.
28 # rc-service udev reload
29
30 I think you also have to re-trigger the rules, which is beyond the scope
31 of my knowledge.
32 # man udevadm
33
34 If it exists on `zfs list`, your swap partition is in there somewhere.
35 This command will show you any swap partitions in use.
36 # swapon --show
37
38 Good luck!
42 Roger Welsh
43 fpr: 2FCB 9E31 EA77 CDEC A3AE 5DD7 D54C C777 553A 180D