From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mplayerplug-in problem
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 06:46:29
1 Hi,
2
3 Today, I updated my system. Among the updates were a kernel update, a
4 firefox update and an mplayer update.
5
6 Everything seems to be working fine except that I can't get the mplayer
7 plugin to work properly in Firefox. After updating everything and
8 compiling and booting to the new kernel, I rebuilt mplayer so that it
9 would include the win32codecs, which it does not do by default. After
10 doing this, I reinstalled the mplayerplug-in. After doing this, I
11 recopied the mplayer.so files to my Firefox plugins directory. I *did
12 not* recompile Firefox after recompiling and booting to the new kernel.
13 I've done everything I can think of, but when I try to play a feed from
14 CNN or if I just try to play another video file in Firefox, it appears
15 that mplayer is loading, but then "Stopped" is displayed. And no
16 buttons display for stop, start or pause.
17
18 Any ideas?
19
20 Thanks and regards,