From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mutt vs Fetchmail problem
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 08:32:07
1 210322 Remco Rijnders wrote:
2 > On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 03:22:26AM -0400, Philip wrote in
3 >> I tried the Mutt 'G' command, which replied :
4 >> "STLS: Mate, the command must be CAPA USER PASS QUIT ; no encryption".
5 >> Of course, that wouldn't do, as it has to send out my password.
6 >> So Fetchmail itself is working, but when Mutt calls it, something goes wrong.
7 > How does Mutt call Fetchmail ?
8
9 That I'm not sure (smile).
10
11 > I think 'G' is not bound by default in Mutt.
12
13 IIRC it is bound by default : at least, it's always worked before.
14
15 > How did you set it up in your .muttrc ?
16
17 set pop_host="pop.<ISP>"
18 set pop_pass="<password>"
19 set pop_user="<username>"
20 set pop_last
21
22 Fetchmail is run as a user cron job. It was last emerged in 2020.
23 The cron jobs are running as before, but nothing is downloaded.
24 .muttrc hasn't been changed since 2020.
25
26 It does appear that it is in fact more convenient to use Fetchmail directly.
27 Instead of having to check several folders for new mail,
28 I can issue the command (aliased as 'fm') when I decide to check mail
29 & it actually tells me how many it's downloading,
30 so if there's nothing, I don't have to do anything else.
31
32 However, it wb helpful to find out what has gone wrong.
33 It must be some pkg I updated since 210220.
37 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
38 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
39 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca