From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems booting my server - ext2 - e2fsck
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 20:13:37
1 On Sunday 25 July 2010 17:24:46 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > > > When done, reboot as normal and see if the machine boots up properly.
3 > > >
4 > > >
8 > > And I would stand guard to make sure housekeeping doesn't come around.
9 > > ;-) Cutting power during all this wold not be good.
10 >
11 > You don't need to invalidate the journal or mount ext2, just use -f if
12 > memory serves, be sure the partition is unmounted and that will force a
13 > full check.
16 Yes, -f does seem to be the right option. It's been ages since I used ext3 and
17 I have no real way to do a test, so I played safe. And the man page could be a
18 little more descriptive too, -f left me with more questions than answers.
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com