From: Ted Ozolins <ted1@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel 2.6.18 : 2 questions
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 00:59:09
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 >I've successfully installed Kernel 2.6.18
4 >-- is it imagination or is it a bit faster on this desktop ? -- ,
5 >but there are a couple of simple questions I'm not sure how to answer.
6 >
7 >(1) I used 'make xconfig' & it didn't show me the 'PPP' option:
8 >when I used "find" from the "edit" menu, it showed up
9 >& I was able to add it, but it's not under the tree-menu.
10 >Is this a glitch in the 'xconfig' interface or did I miss something ?
11 >
12 >(2) I compiled the sensor items into the kernel, not as modules,
13 >but I'm now left with 2 orphan module lines when Init runs:
15 >I've looked around, but can't easily see where those lines are defined
16 >(it's not /etc/modules.autoload.d/ , which is used by the kernel).
17 >Can anyone give me a quick pointer to where to find them,
18 >so that I can comment them out of whatever file they're mentioned in ?
22 /etc/modules.d/lm_sensors
25 Ted Ozolins(VE7TVO)
26 Westbank, B. C
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list