From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can anyone give me a hint how to get this to update?
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 07:15:26
1 On 8/1/21 9:05 PM, Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 at 20:02, n952162 <n952162@×××.de> wrote:
3 >> Ok, I'm sure I can manage that, thank you...
4 >>
5 >> Can you clue me in, how you identified blender? I see it it forces
6 >> dev-python/requests, but that target is just one of 10 apparently
7 >> problem packages.
8 > Your output was a little mangled for me, so it was mostly luck, but I
9 > spotted blender there, and remembered having a python problem with it
10 > myself only a few months ago. The main thing is that the little block
11 > showing the slot conflict for dev-python/requests itself showed
12 > blender holding it back, and I don't think blender can be a dependency
13 > of any other packages, so it's something you can definitely directly
14 > affect yourself (worse case scenario uninstall it).
15 >
16 > Side note: summer brain in full effect, it took me a long time to
17 > remember the word "uninstall".
18 >
19 > Regards,
20 > Arve
23 I uninstalled blender (emerge -C) and now it's installing.  I update
24 once a month but I haven't been able to update that machine for 3
25 months, clueless to what the problem was - it seemed like that old
26 python problem that caused me to have to re-install two machines and
27 that I thought was finally solved.