From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can anyone give me a hint how to get this to update?
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2021 19:05:31
1 On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 at 20:02, n952162 <n952162@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Ok, I'm sure I can manage that, thank you...
3 >
4 > Can you clue me in, how you identified blender? I see it it forces
5 > dev-python/requests, but that target is just one of 10 apparently
6 > problem packages.
7
8 Your output was a little mangled for me, so it was mostly luck, but I
9 spotted blender there, and remembered having a python problem with it
10 myself only a few months ago. The main thing is that the little block
11 showing the slot conflict for dev-python/requests itself showed
12 blender holding it back, and I don't think blender can be a dependency
13 of any other packages, so it's something you can definitely directly
14 affect yourself (worse case scenario uninstall it).
15
16 Side note: summer brain in full effect, it took me a long time to
17 remember the word "uninstall".
18
19 Regards,
20 Arve