From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] partition resizing question
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 23:04:17
1 Leigh Stewart wrote:
2 > does anyone know if it would be possible to replace my boot and
3 > swap partitions with identically sized logical partitions inside
4 > a single primary partition?
5
6 That should work. You could even make all three partitions logical
7 ones, Linux has no problem with that. You did make room at the
8 _start_ of the disk for a new primary to hold the dark side?
9
10 > has anyone attempted this?
11
12 Not I. So back up the current layout somewhere, to be able to
13 restore it in case the new one somehow doesn't work.
14
15 Benno
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list