From: Leigh Stewart <agrodellic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] partition resizing question
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 21:22:42
1 I recently decided to resize my reiserfs root partition, used
2 resize_reiserfs to shrink the filesystem, then used cfdisk to resize
3 the device. Everything went according to plan, although it was a
4 somewhat unnerving experience because in order to resize using cfdisk
5 u have to delete then recreate the partition, which wasn't clearly
6 documented anywhere... Anyway, now Ive got a problem because my disk
7 at the moment has 3 primary partitions, 1 boot part., 1 swap part, and
8 one root part. for gentoo.
9
10 the problem is i cant create a new primary partition which i need to
11 do if i want to install windows beside gentoo, which i also need to
12 do.
13
14 does anyone know if it would be possible to replace my boot and swap
15 partitions with identically sized logical partitions inside a single
16 primary partition? has anyone attempted this? it occurs to me that
17 that would be the simplest solution...
18
19 anyone have any other ideas?
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list