From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] surveillance cameras on gentoo
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 01:08:24
Hello,

So I want to interface about 8 hi-res video cameras to a gentoo system
and use a couple of Hard Disk to record and eventually write over the
stored video. Suggestions and ideas?   4 Tb enough storage?

Now here is the kicker. I'd also simultaneously like to  use android app
so at any time, I can receive the wireless transmissions and use the
Galaxy Note cell phone (9, 10, 20?) as a portable monitor, whilst not
interrupting the video being stored on the gentoo server.

Note, I eventually want to be running an optimized gentoo stack on a
galaxy note S-20 ultra, when the prices drop. For now, I have a galaxy
note 9 to do idea  testing with. If I can get it stable, then a few
cameras on the old pickup truck, same system except a mobile gentoo laptop.

All ideas and comments are most welcome.

James